- Tight integration with malware defenses, BYOD, firewalls, cloud infrastructure and virtualized systems
- More supported technologies than any other vendor: operating systems, network devices, hypervisors, databases, tablets, phones, web servers and critical infrastructure
- Policy creation wizards
Wizards prompt for the information needed to quickly and easily find specific vulnerabilities in select systems and applications. This helps users, especially those less experienced with Nessus, quickly configure accurate and complete scans.
- Redesigned UI
The user interface makes it simple to find and filter vulnerability scan results, quickly see the status of running scans, and easily manage large amounts of scan data. The UI’s responsive design scales to fit the screen size of any device.
- Suspicious process detection
Nessus allows users to identify the reputation of running Windows processes, detecting both “known good” and unknown processes. Users can configure Nessus to detect a suspicious process as malware.
- Targeted email notifications
Nessus can send an email summary of scan results and remediation recommendations, allowing you to monitor for specific conditions and deliver findings to the right people.
- Remediation report
Providing an actionable list to help with remediation efforts, Nessus summarizes the actions to take to address the largest quantity of vulnerabilities on the network.
- Attachments in scan reports
Scan results contain remote screenshots via RDP and VNC, as well as “pictures” of scanned websites, providing easy access to information for post-scan analysis and documentation.
- Vulnerability modifications
Change the severity of findings or suppress them for a single host, a single scan, all future scans, or a specific time period.